Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Rollerblade your way around Madrid

Rollerblading is a great and fun way to get some exercise done and lift some of the tension we accumulate during those hard working days. You might say that you've never put a pair of rollerblades on and that you are too old to start now. Allow me to disagree, one is never too old to learn anything new and fun.

This is where my friends of Sobre 8 ruedas come in. They are group of people who love to rollerblade and are keen on transmitting their knowledge of this great sport. They give classes all over Madrid for a very good price, some of them are even free! The classes take place in public parks and are geared towards all sorts of levels and different types of skating and rollerblading.

For us Mums, who don't have time to go to the gym, is a way of keeping fit while doing something fun with your kids. They start from the age of 3, and you would be amazed at how quickly they can progress. In no time, they'll be skating better than you! I have recently joined their classes with my mother and my children, three generations together sharing a common experience and having a good time.

I absolutely reccomend it. They are a group of very nice people who also like to organise events to rollerblade in groups around Madrid. I attended their Christmas tour around Recoletos and Paseo del Prado, for which we all dressed up as Father Chistmas, and apart from falling on my bum going down Cuesta del Mollano, we had a blast!!! Here is a video to prove it:


No comments:

Post a Comment